Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the second leg of the race

i dropped about half of the rest of the remaining footage into the august experimental last night...or was that this morning? no, last night ;o) actually, it was midnightish, so technically both ;o) so anyways, it's big! but it's coming along easily. i'm just so eager to get to the next project! i want to work with this vintage camera i have. notice i called it vintage? lol, because it's from 95, no '97. and it's beautiful! and really i'm eager to film a fictional piece. it'll be my first one on this camera.

but so i'll be testing the new equipment out soon. at least i'll have that, but you know? i really don't want to,lol! it's feeling like work! makes me wanna go party ;o) yeah, really. lol, but anyways. but it's the converter for the camera to my computer. so i'll just see how it looks on here for the 1st time and then just dump everything into my 2nd hard drive. and maybe edit some old school stuff of my sister & i. dang. is that another project? hmmm. let me reread that...yeah. it's another project.

that's cool. (and now that i've just reread this, it's a great hommage to got me started on docs, and filming, is my sister. so that'll be the og of william's doc films) i mean, at firstfirst i didn' feel that way, but now i do. it would've been my frustration at seeming time constraints. but there are none! so, allright! and now i get to work with some non-doc:1 footage? yay! i mean, i love doc:1, but it's the onnnnnly footage i'm looking at, and sometimes that kind of same-kind footage wears me out. so i think this will put some pep in my step. but the august experimantal is fun, it's going well. i'm not sure if i posted it on here, but there's also going to be experimentals for every month after august as well. so that's 6 more months of footage, lol. that's cool, that's what i'll be doing in japan. i hope to just be doing that & writing. i've started a new novel, i think it's going to be really special, one of a kind...i want to start looking for a job there, but i'd rather not work, and something's telling me that i won't be. which is an awesome feeling because it's what i really want. i do want to work, to get to know the land, cities, etc...and i've noticed having some jobs in some places help you to do that. i especially noticed that here in LA doing extra work & valeting. really awesome experiences. but i'm going to hunt anyways, because better safe than sorry. and i'm sure applying will help me in some way. who knows...
:o)
but in japan, i 'd like to get to know the place by documenting it all, and living in each area, multiple cities, for good lengths of time. like 4-8 months in every city i go to. and i'd like to live in each of my friend's hometowns for about 2 weeks each, and each city/area (like tokyo & mt.fuji) for closer to 8 months. i wonder longer? i have a feeling so, but after the 3 years i think i'd be ready to decide exactly where to *live*...
and i've been getting a lot of work done, latelatelatenightnite work. all-nighters. and really early mornings, very nice. i'm watching, or i mean i'm studying 'kill bill vol.1' now...so, it's been good. i've realllllly been enjoying myself.

my fingers are hot!
my computer is one hot little machine. ;o)
(!!!)
lol
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment